Is your child complaining about a toothache, or are you noticing dental symptoms that require medical assistance? It’s time to book a consultation for your child! However, should your children be seeing a family dentist or a pediatric dentist? It’s a common confusion that most new parents have. If you have the same question, we have got you covered. This article highlights the difference between a family dentist in Monterey Park and a pediatric dentist and which one is best for your kid.
Let’s dive in!
Who is a Family Dentist?
A family dentist, also known as a general dentist, is a qualified and experienced dental professional who performs various dentistry treatments. Since anyone and everyone visits a family dentist, they do not specifically treat small kids or teenagers.
Advantages of Choosing a Family Dentist
- A family dentist performs different dentistry treatments
- The whole family can get tooth solutions in one place.
- A family dentist understands your tooth history and suggests solutions.
- Since they are your family dentist, it reduces anxiety and promotes better oral health.
- You can get regular checkups done by the same dentist every time.
Who is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists specialize in treating the dental problems of kids. Since they are pediatric dentists, their entire practice is dedicated to managing a child’s behavior, unique dental issues, and needs. Thus, additional practice satisfies parents as well as children and provides several advantages.
Advantages of Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- Trained to treat kids only
- Understanding children’s behavior is strong, which gives them an idea about their dental problems.
- Extensive experience in preventing tooth problems.
- Dentist cabins are designed keeping the kid’s theme in mind so that they can engage.
Difference Between a Family Dentist and a Pediatric Dentist
In general, a family dentist offers comprehensive dental care to patients of all age groups. Whereas a pediatric dentist treats only kids using minimally invasive techniques and kids-friendly tools. Additionally, they understand your child’s language and their offices are designed to attract kids and make them feel comfortable.
Both family dentists and pediatric dentists are expert professionals who perform various dentistry treatments or procedures to maintain your oral health. If you are looking for a dentist for your kid, a pediatric dentist would be the right choice as they specialize in handling kids and perform minimally invasive techniques using kids-friendly tools only.